While all sites are required by the ADA to meet certain technical requirements, web accessibility is all about serving everyone in your community. This page contains links and tips to learn more about accessibility as a decision maker, content creator, or a content editor.
- WebAIM Intro
- Microsoft Inclusive Design
- WebAIM Common Mistakes
- MDN Web Docs — Accessibility
- US Judice Department guidelines for applying the ADA to the web (March 18, 2022)
Guides for Editors
- PlainLanguage.gov writing guide
- Hemingway Editor
- Harvard web accessibility checklist for editors
- Alt text tips
Color Contrast Checkers
- NVDA on Windows — free, open source
- JAWS — commercial software for Windows
- VoiceOver on Mac — free, included with OS
Editor Tools for Your Website
Getting More Technical...
Recording of Ecopixel founder Paul Hansen's 30-minute presentation to web developers to help them learn more about web accessibility. This presentation was part of a worldwide TYPO3 developer conference.