Effective Websites for Lake Associations
- an open-source content management system (CMS) that allows volunteers and staff to easily update website content
- a Responsive Web Design template, which allows visitors to more easily read and navigate your website regardless of the size of the device they are using — from phones to very large screens
- ADA-accessible website built to conform to WCAG 2.1 level AA and Section 508
- integrated slideshows and automatic image resizing
- integrated news, events and blog system, which allows you to neatly share what’s going on in your organization
- integrated online forms to collect lake data and information from volunteers, to gather RSVPs, or to offer contact forms for a variety of purposes
- ability to embed Google maps, MailChimp sign-up forms, videos from YouTube and Vimeo, Facebook feeds, and more
- reliable, green hosting that is 110% carbon offset
- an online donation and membership payment form with secure handling of recurring donations, credit cards and bank transfers
- ongoing support for volunteers or staff members who are trained to edit the website
- professional management of your site, including ongoing hosting, security and domain name management
Ecopixel LLC, based in Vermont, creates and sustains websites for lake associations, land trusts, and citizen science initiatives. We're well-positioned to offer our website development expertise to these important nonprofit organizations. Ecopixel doesn’t just make a website and say, “Good luck!” Through personalized training, by phone, email or online meeting, we provide personal tech support for your staff, and we also provide ongoing professional maintenance of your website including hosting, DNS and domain names.
Decades of Experience
Ecopixel's founder, Paul Hansen, has been building websites for nonprofits and businesses since 1993. He holds a degree in natural resources from the University of Vermont. Read more about Paul and the rest of the Ecopixel team.
“The website looks fabulous and even more importantly — it works!!!!
It’s so easy to navigate. Donors and community are raving about it.”
— Emma Ellsworth, Executive Director, Mount Grace Land Conservation Trust
Ecopixel offers website features and integrated web tools that help lake associations meet their goals.
Get People Involved
- Event and news listing tool
- Volunteer interest and RSVP online forms
- Invasive species and cyanobacteria online reporting forms
- Embed Facebook and Twitter feeds and "follow" buttons
- Online membership & online donation form
- Social media sharing buttons
- Responsive Web Design lets potential donors move through your site easily on small or large screens
- Option to create online fundraisers such as ice-out contests
Highlight Conservation & Stewardship Initiatives
- Slideshows that spotlight your best photos
- News and blog system
- Embed maps with details of your lake or watershed
- Embed videos from YouTube and Vimeo