- an open-source content management system (CMS) that allows land trust staff to easily update their website content
- a Responsive Web Design template, which allows visitors to more easily read and navigate your website regardless of the size of the device they are using — from phones to very large screens
- ADA-accessible website built to conform to WCAG 2.1 level AA and Section 508
- an online donation and membership payment form
- ability to embed Google maps, MailChimp sign-up forms, videos from YouTube and Vimeo, Facebook feeds, and more
- integrated news, events and blog system, which allows you to neatly share what’s going on in your organization
- integrated online forms to collect information from volunteers, to gather RSVPs, or to offer contact forms for a variety of purposes
- integrated slideshows and automatic image resizing
- ongoing support for staff members who are trained to edit the website
- professional management of your site, including ongoing hosting, security and domain name management
- reliable, green hosting that is 110% carbon offset
Ecopixel LLC, based in Vermont, creates and sustains websites for land trusts, citizen science initiatives, and lake associations. We're well-positioned to offer our website development expertise to these important nonprofit organizations. Ecopixel doesn’t just make a website and say, “Good luck!” Through personalized training, by phone, email or Zoom, we provide personal tech support for your staff, and we also provide ongoing professional maintenance of your website including hosting, DNS and domain names.
Decades of Experience
Ecopixel's founder, Paul Hansen, has been building websites for nonprofits and businesses since 1993. He holds a degree in natural resources from the University of Vermont. Learn more about Ecopixel.
“Ecopixel understood our budget and our size, and seemed to have a real grasp for the kind of work we do — a non-profit doing local land conservation work. The site was developed in scale with our operation and with room to grow.” — Past executive director, Stowe Land Trust (customer since 2004)
- Event and news listing tool
- Volunteer interest and RSVP online forms
- Land steward reporting online forms
- Embed Facebook and Twitter feeds and "follow" buttons
- Online membership & online donation form
- Social media sharing buttons
- Responsive Web Design lets potential donors move through your site easily on small or large screens
- Slideshows that spotlight your best photos
- News and blog system
- Embed maps showing your properties
- Embed videos from YouTube and Vimeo
Charlotte Land Trust triples the size of their website and goes mobile-friendly in a much-needed website update.
We designed a beautiful, mobile-friendly website for a large land trust serving 23 towns in Massachusetts.
A new website for a conservancy that has permanently conserved 21,000 acres in 29 towns throughout southwestern New Hampshire.