Ecopixel’s Website Solution for Solid Waste & Recycling Districts / Divisions / Departments
Ecopixel offers website features and web tools to help solid waste districts get their job done.
Searchable A to Z list
Offer a searchable A to Z list of solid waste, hazardous, compostable and recyclable items.
Promote upcoming events and district meetings in one or more integrated calendars.
Display Agendas & Minutes
Neatly share meeting agendas and minutes, as well as other documents.
Highlight Important News
Keep timely information, holiday closure dates, and announcements front-and-center with an integrated news or blog system.
Websites for Solid Waste, Composting and Recycling Organizations
- an open-source content management system (CMS) that allows staff to easily update their website content
- a custom Responsive Web Design, which allows visitors to more easily read and navigate your website regardless of the size of the device they are using — from phones to very large screens
- ADA-accessible website built to conform to WCAG 2.1 level AA and Section 508
- searchable A to Z list of solid waste, hazardous, compostable and recyclable items
- post and archive meeting minutes from your board meetings
- integrated news, events and blog system, which allows you to neatly share what’s going on in your organization
- integrated online forms for general questions, reporting illegal dumping, signing up for composting workshops, and more
- integrated slideshows and automatic image resizing
- ability to embed Google maps, MailChimp sign-up forms, videos from YouTube and Vimeo, Facebook feeds, and more
- ongoing support for staff members who are trained to edit the website
- professional management of your site, including ongoing hosting, security and domain name management
- reliable, green hosting that is 110% carbon offset
Ecopixel LLC, based in Vermont, has created websites for several environmental conservation organizations, municipalities, land trusts and solid waste districts. We're well-positioned to offer our website development expertise to these important nonprofit organizations. Ecopixel doesn’t just make a website and say, “Good luck!” Through in-person training, e-mail, videoconferencing and/or the telephone, we provide personal tech support for your staff, and we also provide ongoing professional maintenance of your website hosting, DNS and domain names.
Ecopixel's founder, Paul Hansen, has been building websites for nonprofits and businesses since 1993. He holds a degree in natural resources from the University of Vermont. Read more about Paul and the rest of the Ecopixel team.
“We are so pleased that we chose Ecopixel to help us with our website needs. You have far exceeded our expectations.” —Carla Lawrence, Town & Village Clerk, Waterbury, Vermont
Ecopixel’s website tools help solid waste and recycling organizations attain their goals.
A to Z list
- Cut down on calls by offering an easy-to-use, searchable list of items so people can dispose of them properly.
- Reduce confusion by showing rates & fees right in the A to Z database.
Get People Involved
- News & blog posting
- Online forms for public input and reporting illegal dumping
- Calendar for upcoming events
Showcase Facilities & Accomplishments
- Create engaging web pages with slideshows and videos
- Embed maps with locations of your facilities
- Showcase awards